Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
Last updated October 27, 2016
Information We Collect
Personal information is captured when you visit this website or contact us. The information that we receive and collect depends in part on what you do when you visit our website or how you contact us. For example, if you should email us, sign up for newsletters, or use the Contact Us tool to request information or make specific inquiries regarding any of our products or services, you may provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, relevant vehicle identification information, and other similar information. It is possible to browse our website without actively submitting any personally identifiable information.
We will limit the information we collect about you to what is necessary to administer our business, provide superior service, offer opportunities that we think would be of benefit to our clients and customers, improve the customer experience of this website, and ensure technological compatibility with your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other electronic or mobile device (collectively, "Device").
Automatically Collected Information
Every time you visit this website or contact us, some information is automatically collected about you. This information may include, but is not limited to, some or all of the following items: the specific pages, buttons, images, videos, links, or forms that you access on this website; your Device’s unique device identifier, the type and version of Internet browser software and operating system you use and your Internet service provider; date, time, and duration of your website visit; your IP address; your domain; type of Device; your Device’s mobile operating system, mobile network provider, and mobile phone number; the location of your Device, and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your Device and the languages it uses.
This website does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms regarding the collection of personal information.
Information Collected via Cookies
Third Party Information Collection
When you use the website, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your Device. These third parties may include, the manufacturer of your Device, the web browser that you use, your mobile network provider and/or your Internet service provider. The information these third parties collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible service provider directly to obtain instructions for how to opt-out of having your information collected or used in this way.
How we use and share your information
Most of the information we collect is used to help deliver the services that our clients and customers request. It also may permit us to design and offer specific products and services that will be useful to our clients, our clients’ customers, and our customers, or that provide benefits, additional value or discounts. From time to time, we may share or transfer information that personally identifies you to Agero affiliates and to other non-affiliated entities including in the following manner:
- As may be required to deliver the requested services including sharing selected information with roadside assistance providers, emergency service providers, first responders, our wireless service providers, credit card processors, data management companies, and others;
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of some or all of our equity and/or assets, or other corporate change of control, including during the course of any due diligence process related to such corporate change;
- In response to judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities;
- To protect the rights or property of Agero, its clients, suppliers or customers, and to enforce the provisions of our terms or policies, in cases of customer fraud or disputes, and/or to prevent harm to you or others;
- For marketing and other business purposes; or
- As permitted or required by law or as authorized by you.
- Some of our services may rely upon location information, including requests to locate a customer to provide emergency towing and/or roadside assistance services. To provide such services, we (and our affiliates, clients and partners) may transmit, collect, maintain, process and use your location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Device. Your request for services whether through this website or through another website, mobile application, phone or other electronic means constitutes your consent for us (and our affiliates, clients and partners) to transmit, collect, maintain, process and use of your location data (including the location of your Device) to provide you with such services. The location data is collected in a form that personally identifies you and/or your vehicles.
- You agree that we may collect and use technical and related information, including but not limited to information about your Device, system, application software, peripherals, and other similar information that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to this website. We may also use this information to operate and improve the website, our products and/or services or to provide better services or technologies to you moving forward; to create aggregated and anonymized information to determine which website features are most popular, useful to users, and for other statistical analysis; and to customize the content or services in the website for you, or the communications sent to you through the website.
- You acknowledge and agree that communications, including phone calls or “chat” services, with Agero or its third party agents may be monitored, recorded and retained by Agero.
- Submitting your telephone number (including a mobile phone number) and email address constitute your express consent for Agero to contact you via such telephone or email address either through a direct call, automated dialer, interactive voice response, SMS text message or email (i) in response to your inquiries, (ii) in connection with the services requested, (iii) to confirm customer satisfaction, (iv) to inform you of promotions, updated features and services, and (v) to manage your account. Please note that you are not required to provide this consent to make a purchase from us. You may cancel (opt-out) of receiving future email and/or text message communications from us at any time by following the instructions to unsubscribe provided at the bottom of an email sent to you and/or by replying to a text message sent to you with a reply text message containing the word STOP.
Our definition of personally identifiable information does not include "aggregate" information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and customer needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We may disclose to third parties aggregated information about our users, such as aggregated user statistics and log data and other information that does not identify any individual or Device, without restriction.
We maintain security standards that are designed to help us protect your information. While we use such security standards, we cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information you submit on this website will be secure, or that the services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Our website contains links to and from other websites. Agero makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may have accessed our website from or may access through this website. Agero is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites and Agero expressly disavows any liability whatsoever for use of such websites. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of items of a destructive nature.
Notice to Persons Accessing this Website Outside the United States
If you reside outside the U.S., any information you provide to us on this website will be transferred out of your country and into the U.S. If you do not want your personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the U.S. Personally identifiable information collected on Agero sites and services may be stored and processed in the U.S. or any other country in which Agero or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Use of this Website by Children
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 14 years of age. If you are under 14, you should not provide information on this website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Questions, Corrections and Removal
Attn: General Counsel
One Cabot Road
Medford, MA 02155
Cross Country Motor Club, Inc. and Cross Country Motor Club of California, Inc. are subsidiaries of Agero, Inc.
© 2016 Agero, Inc. All rights reserved.